ID-AL / Waves System
Firmware Version 1.2
- Added support for the WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE format, which allows to read properly the
WAV files with
Broadcast Wave Format (
- Added support for our “proprietary obfuscated MP3” (1) (
.mp3) format to protect
MP3 audio content.
- Made the player tolerant of macOS hidden files.
volume- commands to the RS-232 protocol.
PREV_FOLD parameters to the command list assigned to the input contact combinations and to the special buttons of the infrared remote control, with the configuration file (
- Improved the USB flash drive compatibility.
- Improved the playback of
MP3 files with tags or wrong
- Improved the audio engine.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio clicks during the playback.
- Fixed a bug that swapped the audio channels with some files.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
(1) Contact Waves System for further information about this feature.
Firmware Version 1.0
The logic and functionality of the player are defined with an internal program called firmware. This program may evolve to bring new features, to change the behavior of the player, or to fix issues. The firmware can be updated or replaced by following these instructions:
- Download the firmware from our web site.
- Make sure that the SD card is properly formatted in FAT32 (USB flash drives are not supported).
- Copy the file
CHRONO.bin at the root of the SD card.
- Eject the SD card with the ejection process of your operating system.
- Switch off the player.
- Insert the SD card in the player and switch it on. Do not remove the SD card or do not turn off the player until the operation is completed. Wait until the player reboots completely.
- At this time, the firmware update is over. The player can be switched off and the SD card removed.
Note: The firmware update has to be done with an SD memory card. The update is not supported with a USB flash drive.
- The read and write performance of the USB flash drives is lower than the SD/SDHC cards. If a large quantity of audio files need to be played, the boot time can be longer. In this case, it is recommended to use a SD/SDHC card instead a USB flash drive.
© 2018 - Waves System. All Rights Reserved. For more information, see http://www.id-al.com