ID-AL / Waves System
Micro Player mkII and Micro Player mkIII Firmware
Firmware Version 1.5
- Added support for the WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE format, which allows to read properly the
WAV files with
Broadcast Wave Format (
- Added support for our “proprietary obfuscated MP3” (1) (
.mp3) format to protect
MP3 audio content.
- Made the player tolerant of macOS hidden files.
volume- commands to the RS-232 protocol.
PREV_FOLD parameters to the command list assigned to the input contact combinations, to the special buttons of the infrared remote control and of the front panel of the player, with the configuration file (
- Improved the USB flash drive compatibility.
- Improved the playback of
MP3 files with tags or wrong
- Improved the audio engine.
- Fixed a bug that caused audio clicks during the playback.
- Fixed a bug that swapped the audio channels with some files.
- Fixed a bug that caused unexpected pulses on the dry-contact outputs during file and folder transitions.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
(1) Contact Waves System for further information about this feature.
Firmware Version 1.3
- Enhanced of the infrared input.
Firmware Version 1.2
- Added a new folder tag
[WHL] (play while), which means that the folder plays as long as the logical input is activated.
- Added a new folder tag
[NXTxxx] (play next xxx files). The
xxx parameter must be between
999. This tag plays the
xxx next files of the folder before stopping or exiting the folder, depending on the end tag included in the folder name.
- Added the ability to combine gradually the inputs.
- Improved the boot time and the triggering times.
- Removed a slight stutter effect at the beginning of the playback of some MP3 files.
- Fixed a bug that prevents execution of folder tags
[RSxxx] when tags
[Jxxx] are used on files of the folder, or when an infrared command or an RS-232 command stop the folder playing.
- Fixed a bug that gets some wrong parameters despite the configuration file
config.txt after the wake up of the player in energy saving mode.
- Fixed various bugs in the management of the volume tags
- Fixed a bug in the folder tag
[RET], which was ignored.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Firmware Version 1.1
- Fixed a bug that generate a pop noise when interrupted of audio file playback by the functions
Firmware Version 1.0
The logic and functionality of the player are defined with an internal program called firmware. This program may evolve to bring new features, to change the behavior of the player, or to fix issues. The firmware can be updated or replaced by following these instructions:
- Download the firmware from our web site.
- Make sure that the SD card is properly formatted in FAT32 (USB flash drives are not supported).
- Copy the file
MPMK2.bin at the root of the SD card.
- Eject the SD card with the ejection process of your operating system.
- Switch off the player.
- Insert the SD card in the player and switch it on. Do not remove the SD card or do not turn off the player until the operation is completed. Wait until the player reboots completely.
- At this time, the firmware update is over. The player can be switched off and the SD card removed.
Note: The firmware update has to be done with an SD memory card. The update is not supported with a USB flash drive.
- The read and write performance of the USB flash drives is lower than the SD/SDHC cards. If a large quantity of audio files need to be played, the boot time can be longer. In this case, it is recommended to use a SD/SDHC card instead a USB flash drive.
© 2018 - Waves System. All Rights Reserved. For more information, see http://www.id-al.com